Who We Are
PacSana incorporates a team with extensive industrial knowledge in providing technical, design and marketing solutions.
Early in 2018, we decided to look at the area of Technology Enabled Care. We looked at how to deliver solutions that put the end user at the centre of the solution.
- We studied solutions with good technology but little regard for the users.
- We saw technology that was bulky and provided so much that it required new batteries or recharging every day.
- A couple of solutions housed ‘single use only’ technology – both costly and environmentally unfriendly.
- There were solutions that provided highly detailed readings on one aspect only but no overall health picture of the user.
Now that we have listened and researched, PacSana is matching world leading technology with the needs of carers and medics.
The solution engages the user as little or as much as they need but it delivers on the users’ requirements.
- PacSana will indicate user’s movements at home, giving them a reference point. This can be used to incentivise activity and so increase wellbeing.
- It will also give insights into patterns of movement as they develop and change over time.
- PacSana alerts carers to any sudden changes in these patterns that could lead to a health incident.
- In an emergency the user can press the ‘call’ button on the PacSana bracelet.
Meet the Team
PacSana is made up of a team of industry veterans that have many years of product development involvment, and a wealth of experience in the delivery of complex technical solutions.
Co-founder and CEO PacSana
Feargal has spent most of his career leading technology teams to bring complex solutions to life that deliver major returns for their customers.
As an entrepreneur, my goal is to bring together teams that can build and disrupt, enabling better outcomes for people, business and society.
Co-founder and Head of Design
Arthur is a serial entrepreneur and product designer. He has many years’ experience bringing designs to market. Arthur is an accomplished sailor and adventurer.
Head of ProductMark Nolan has over 20 years software industry experience working in start-ups as well as household names such as Vodafone and Aer Lingus. Roles have included project and product management as well as hands-on software and hardware development. He’s a keen tennis player in his spare time.
Digital Marketing and Business DevelopmentMatthew is a recent graduate from University College Dublin where he achieved a first-class honours degree. A highly driven individual who is excited to apply knowledge learnt from both studying in Ireland and abroad.
PacSana Advisory Board
Chair Malachy Smith
Experienced Senior Executive with a demonstrated history of working in the insurance industry. Skilled in Business Planning, Entrepreneurship, Technology, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Strategic Partnerships. Strong business development professional graduated from Waterloo Lutheran University.
Strategy/Operations Kilian Duignan
EMR Works with SME’s, helping them to grow and profit. Kilian has nearly 20 years management experience in various sectors, having managed companies in manufacturing, contracting and retail environments.
Adult Assisted Living Technology Rodd Bond NetwellCASALA
NetwellCASALA, creates new ideas that enhance the quality of life and well-being of older people and those who care for them, through more integrated community-oriented services, more sustainable home and neighbourhood design, and more age-friendly technologies – with the ultimate aim of enhancing longer living in smarter places.